Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's a brand new day

This is my first post!
I'm Kit, an 18 year old political science major in college, lifeguard, recovering anorexic/bulimic, smoker, drinker, and fashion enthusiast.
I'm not very creative and not very original and
I would be ok if no one ever followed this blog but I just want to put my thoughts out there.
I want somewhere to write down my recovery journey, health tips, recipes, fashion ideas, music, stuff I like etc.

I recently told my p
arents about my eating disorder and they flipped shit. There is a pH detector on every pipe in the house so they will know if I purge, I have to eat 3 meals a day (plus force-fed snacks), doctor's visits, and possible withdrawal from college if they don't think I'm better by the time school starts. When I went to the doctor last week I weighed in at 94 lbs and I have to be up to 100 lbs and eating normally/not purging to go back to school.
The doctor said I should keep a journal and write down what I eat so I make sure to eat normal meals. I figured this was just as good :)

So, my basic plan is this:
every day I will post what I've eaten, the exercise I've gotten, and 1 other fun thing (my outfit for the day, a piece of clothing I'm in love with, a must-have new album, a good recipe I tried or something like that)

I guess I'll go ahead and start...
Breakfast: cup of Dannon Caramel yogurt, iced coffee with nonfat milk and a spoonful of hershey's chocolate syrup
Morning snack: apricot, 8 Wheat Thins, 2 squares of Ghiradelli dark chocolate
Lunch: quesadilla (1 flour tortilla, chopped chicken, cilantro, monterrey jack cheese), 1 cookie (I'm going to post the recipe for these. SOOOOO good.)
Dinner: 1 slice of spinach/bacon quiche

Exercise: 30 minute walk with my labradoodle puppy Maggie

So, I think today was good. I didn't purge and I feel ok. Slightly fat in the stomach area but ok.
I made these cookies yesterday and they are to die for!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup coconut flakes

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy! They are the best cookies in the world and they keep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment